DIALS core meeting 2022-05-12
- Dan: Reduce zenodo dataset for contiguous nexus
- ND to review: TOFBeam - A time-of-flight beam in dxtbx
std::stringsupport for messagepack. This is used in XFEL module, should try to fix.
DXTBX read-only base
- Read only base by default would be the ideal
- Previously discussed downstream use cases and if DIALS needs to be included
cctbx/dxtbx#511- main change is regenerating dispatcher immediately during configuration, this mostly seems to work
- Last time AB: going to run in next few days
- Can we close this out now?
- “Contiguous Nexus”
- Non-draft state is pending checks against issues @dwpaley raised, and checking for non-contiguous cases [prev]
- AB wants this to be applied against new nexus writing
- RG: Probably useful to mock up an example in the nxmxtests
- Action: Aaron Reduce down zenodo dataset used in the issue (
cctbx/dxtbx#93) so that we can include it in dials-data.
- Afterward: Coordinate with RG to make sure the ideas in this are integrated into new nexus reading
- WIP - Dan has reduced to Six images - 300mb, wondering if this is enough. Discussion about what is required for the files and how small to absorb into the dials-data repository.
- Close thread until the new NeXus stuff is merged then we can reopen it? Yeh
- GW to help DP with some “nasty h5py scripts” to make ensmallen data
Dropping Data Blocks
- GW PR
- After PR/PRs, ASB to contact e.g. Mike Wall about this, too.
- GW thinks reasonable to merge when these concerns addressed
- Waiting on AB now, will get sorted as soon as can
- dxtbx#517 - with the except exception in it 😱 - has numpy magic in it - GW suggested Ben to have a look at as it contains much numpy - pls can add logging around the except exception
- dials/data-files#42 new file PR
Thursday, May 26th, 4pm UK (BST), 8am PDT.