DIALS meeting 2020-08-05
- PR review eyeballs
- DIALS 3.1 release
- NeXus support
- Other stuff
Pre-recording useful, recording on zoom maybe not ideal autio-quality wise. Enthusiasts for series of presentations?
- redo dials intro one
- “live” run through of tutorial
LFM / DGW
- DUI 1 “how to”
Advanced DIALS topics (tricky cases)
We should open this up to our collaborators
possible future topics
- Introduction to DIALS: GW/DGW?
- DIALS tutorial (command line): ND?
- xia2 tutorial
- DUI tutorial: Luiso
- DIALS for multi-crystal: RJG
- DIALS for small molecule: BW
- DIALS for beamlines
- dxtbx formats, PIA, DLS infrastructure
- DIALS as a toolbox
- DIALS for stills:
- xfel: ASB
- synchrotron: User? Danny/Pierre?
- DIALS probably should have a YouTube channel
2. PR review eyeballs
- Avoid passing phil params object to library functions in export/merging
- RG to look at it today
- a DIALS installer script #1198
- MG: waiting on discussion with ND in a DIALS core meeting, as it is entirely dependent on where we want to go with conda.
- No more abc #1365
- discussed, can be merged, maybe RG to look at?
- Move not copy data from imageset_ext #199
- discussed, can be merged
- Cast to
numpy.string_for comparison #190
- discussed, can be merged
- Fix mask pointers: get_mask -> get_static_mask #198
- RG reviewed
- sort out https://github.com/dials/dials/pull/1075 e.g. useful title, rebase, decide what this should be doing / good for
- Trap bad cb_op in dials.reindex #1282
Maybe we should do some housekeeping of all format classes :arrow_right: issue (i.e. we should limit classes to ones which end users will use without specialist environment e.g. from dials release)
3. DIALS 3.1 release
- ND is not present
- Release due in ~2 weeks
- Consider slowing down major breaking changes on
- Currently no major issues tagged with 3.1 release
- Will have a core meeting between now and then
- I23 / edge-of-detector-panel integration fixes from RG
4. NeXus support
- no enthusiasm from people to engage with this
5. Other stuff
- News from CCP4:
- i2 has a qt5 branch, next release may go that way. This would make life easier for DUI (eg. lattice viewer within DUI)
- next release may be Python 3
- DUI needs porting to Python 3
- DUI :arrow_right: conda-forge - MG volunteers to assist
- time line approx. 5 months
- DIALS now has a gitter channel at https://gitter.im/dials/community
- GW should probably dig out fp3 - needs effort on adding parallelism - should present what this is
- Some discussion of why we do all the profile modelling in one go?
- Scan varying profile models in there, worked but was issues? Rediscover this.
- TODO dig out the happy / sad face review on how-we-doing-in-dials
- publish these minutes on https://dials.github.io/kb/