DIALS core meeting 2023-05-04
- ND: PR to remove
std::stringsupport for messagepack from dials code
- ND Investigate getting
psanatests running on the DIALS xfel-regression testing
- Dropping Data Blocks (#504)
- ND: Look at DIALS failures and work out what needs to be migrated
- RG: Investigate
dials.cosymapplies an incompatible reindexing operator (
- DM: Moving flex tables; Solve
dials#2113deprecation issue and merge conflicts
Moving flex tables from dials to dxtbx
- Merge conflicts appear to have been resolved?
- ND planned to merge next week after the DIALS release
- couple of test failures regarding slicing
- Merge when fixed!
- Couple of outstanding issues still, possibly CMake related -> ND have a look
NX Writer! (prev)
- Did some scan-related work last time
- What is state?
- Few test failures relating to dependencies on dials, xfel
- These will be worked on!
- ND to merge https://github.com/cctbx/dxtbx/pull/612
- Missed merge window, any outstanding issues?
- Aaron to make basic test case
- Richard has added what looks like a test case, Aaron to look at and confirm if that is what is needed
Removing cctbx.xfel dependencies from dials.index
- Discovered when running conda-forge testing
- https://github.com/cctbx/cctbx_project/compare/serial_tbx !
- Set of PRs to implement
- CCTBX: https://github.com/cctbx/cctbx_project/pull/872 - contains descriptions of all changes made
- dxtbx: https://github.com/cctbx/dxtbx/pull/627
- dials: https://github.com/dials/dials/pull/2404
- iota: https://github.com/ssrl-px/iota/pull/5
- xfel_regression https://gitlab.com/cctbx/xfel_regression/-/merge_requests/10
- We all need to look at things
- Schedule some time next week at DLS to look over these PRs
Code camp idea?
- Aaron suggests - a few days, couple of hours a day, work on outstanding smaller issues?
- Virtual DIALS code-camp
- Split into sessions:
- Graeme suggests linking to potential serial workshop being talked about at Cornell/CHESS for ~end of July
- Week of 17th July, confirmed
- Drop from agenda, invites etc are going to go out separately
- Nick would prefer to be handled at the build system level
- Dan to:
- Add to cctbx bootstrap: if not using conda, then add msgpack to includes
- Revert the corresponding change in the dials SConscript
- Aaron wants to CI test the virtual environment setup
- Making this easier to create is on the explicit list of things to do
- Discussion of what the results say
- Made a list of every facility with MX beamlines
- Got contact information from public internet
- Sent list of questions to beamlines
- 36 responses
- Discuss in DLS meeting to look over circular dependencies
- Merge next meeting if not looked over
- DGW to look at next week
- Same as above. ND: Get people to look at it
Imageset slicing broken
- DGW to have a look at what putting it back to a sane slicing behaviour causes to break, we can look at those and see if the behaviour is sensible.
- Discussion about dynamic masking in NXmx. RG to have look at.
Thursday, May 18th, 4pm (BST), 8am (PDT)