DIALS core meeting 2023-05-18
- ND: PR to remove
std::stringsupport for messagepack from dials code
- ND Investigate getting
psanatests running on the DIALS xfel-regression testing
- Dropping Data Blocks (
- ND: Look at DIALS failures and work out what needs to be migrated
- RG: Investigate
dials.cosymapplies an incompatible reindexing operator (
- ND: Look at (CMake?) issues on dials#2113
- Was issue relating to unguarded header files in scitbx. Deployed same fix applied to dials previously.
- AB: Check test case on Multidimensional Images dxtbx#615 is reasonable
- DP: Add msgpack “hot” path to include environment in cctbx (prev)
- Dependent on dxtbx#612 “Multidimensional Images”
- Richard added basic test case -> Aaron is ok?
Removing circular xfel dependencies with serialtbx
- Set of PRs to implement
- CCTBX: https://github.com/cctbx/cctbx_project/pull/872 - contains descriptions of all changes made
- dxtbx: https://github.com/cctbx/dxtbx/pull/627
- dials: https://github.com/dials/dials/pull/2404
- iota: https://github.com/ssrl-px/iota/pull/5
- xfel_regression https://gitlab.com/cctbx/xfel_regression/-/merge_requests/10
- We all need to look at things
- Schedule some time next week at DLS to look over these PRs
- ND reviewed, looks OK, please can we hold off from merging until the dust settles from scan and polybeam changes.
- ASB happy for this to hold off a couple weeks for non-technical reasons
- Discuss in DLS meeting to look over circular dependencies
- Merge next meeting if not looked over
- DGW to look at next week
- People have looked over it, looks good to them, changes made as suggested
- Action ND to merge
- Same as above. ND: Get people to look at it
- Made suggested changes, some unresolved conversations
- after open questions resolved, merge
- Discussion about dynamic masking in NXmx. RG to have look at.
xia2.multiplex fails because “Duplicate batch offsets detected”
- Longstanding (>3 years) issue: https://github.com/xia2/xia2/issues/430
- Now getting reports from real user data
- Potential solution suggested to never share Scan objects cctbx/dxtbx#152
- implement non-sharing of Scan objects - no logic for doing so, since readonly?
Imageset slicing broken
- Fix now ready at https://github.com/cctbx/dxtbx/pull/634 and https://github.com/dials/dials/pull/2411
- Anyone else want to look?
- When merged, will require reversion of changes to azure-pipelines YML files to checkout specific dxtbx branch
- DGW thinks this one can be merged without contention - needs sync’d repo merge
- rebase this branch on top of Scans branch & run tests
Note that interesting workshop at CHESS coming up -> https://indico.classe.cornell.edu/event/2248/overview
Congratulations to RG on new position
Thursday, June 1st, 4pm (BST), 8am (PDT)